Band: I have mostly beginning students who started on their instrument in September.
- Scales: Bb, C, F, G concert.
- Sightreading (at level .5)
- Piece: Sawmill Creek (from Standard of Excellence Book One) for most, the more advanced kids played harder pieces.
- D major scale
- Sightreading (Level 1)
- Piece: Caro Mio Ben
- Reading for understanding
- Harmonic Analysis (I give SATB, they provide roman numerals)
- Melodic Harmonization (I give roman numerals, they provide SATB)
- Analysis of piece (chord 1 is a E minor in 2nd inversion, etc...)
Overall this was a very good exam. Plenty of students showed me quality work. Most, if not all, realized they can work harder.