Monday, November 8, 2010

iPad Music Composition Contest

The iPad Composition Contest is live. Please contact me if there are any questions.

I'm hoping this attracts interest from a diverse group of ages, regions, cultures and experience. Do I think iPads are the future of music performance? Well, no. But I think they could be a great tool for composers, especially young ones.

Also notice that almost all the apps used on the iPad can be used on the iPhone or iTouch. However, the music will be performed and judged on iPads.

I had trouble figuring out how to phrase "alternative notation". Many apps on the iPad do not use standard notation. We will require some sort of notation for the contest, so be creative.

Thanks to Soundtree, Mustech.net, Dr. Joseph Pisano, and the Katherine Matthies Foundation for their support.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, iMusician PJS is the first and only music notation app for i pad i found.
    It works good. I'm using it when i dont have my mac with me.

    ReplyDelete