Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Day 2 - COVID-19

Today was a day of work (like report to duty, get paid, etc...) but at home.  I have moved into a bedroom where I hope to work from 9am-1pm every day.  Students are expected to check in according to a schedule (A Block, B Block, etc...).

I am working out issues with Smartmusic and at the moment think this will be my main platform if I can get over the hurdle of getting accounts created.  I also think Soundtrap and Google Meet will get use.  Our LMS is Google Classroom which is an awkward system but much better than a few years ago.  Yes, I wish I had gotten these platforms out when I was in school.

I will make an effort to make much of our learning the first few days to be asynchronous then move more to a schedule (percussion lessons on Monday, etc...).  I hope to have full rehearsals for choir and band at least twice a week and I am working on how to make that happen.  With every band and chorus director in the country out of school there is lots of experimenting.

home office

No comments:

Post a Comment