Yesterday I had the pleasure of watching a rehearsal of the Cadets in Meriden, thanks to the Maloney Band. It was a really great time.
A few observations:
- These kids work hard. This was the end of a twelve hour day, and they still had four hours to go.
- The kids run everywhere. They run to the bathroom, they run to their water for water break, they run back to their spots to repeat a set.
- Its loud.
- There is a 100% expectation of excellence. There was frequent calling out of those who were less than perfect.
- This years show is pretty complicated. I'm excited to see what a month of twelve hour days will produce.
- There is a lot of staff who seem to work very hard. I am not usually a fan of huge staffs.