Saturday, May 5, 2012

Creating eBooks in Choir Class

I have three rehearsals before our concert.  Yesterday I took a day to finish some smartmusic tests and to create ebooks.

We are performing Homeward Bound by Marta Keen.  I asked students to partner up and use the iPad to create an ebook based on the song.  I asked them to do the following:

  • Choose the app (Book Creator, Scribble Press, My Story) that would work best for them.  Each app has slightly different capabilities.
  • Either take write the lyrics verbatim or "tell a story" with the same meaning.
  • Write it for 1st graders.
  • Be able to share it and turn it in on time.
I spoke for a moment about music standards; that we connect with art and literature.  I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the books.  These sessions are sometimes challenging as I have a group of students who just. can't. work. independently.

You can create on the iPad.

No comments:

Post a Comment