Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Expansion

Here are some initiatives we have started this year on how they are doing. None of this was here at the beginning of the year.

1. iPads. They are totally integrated into our class at this point. But I feel I haven't even scratched the surface on what I should be doing. I need more support on syncing and updating. This takes so much time. That I dont have.

2. Smartmusic. We are using it pretty extensively at the HS. I wish I could use it more for choir. I had about 5 students get subscriptions ar elementary school. We definitely need to do more there.

3. Recording studio. Its in. I have been trying since December to get the piano moved out of the room. Budget got frozen so no money for furniture. I haven't even begun to figure this out.

4. MacBook. I use it all the time, but I havent even begun to figure out Garageband. I did a little work with iMovie. This is one place I would like to take a class.

5. Finale/Scanner/Forscore. I have hopes for putting our music on the iPad. I havent started yet. Scanner isnt even plugged in. Waiting for piano to be moved.

I need to have somebody come for a week, set everything up and help me organize.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brandt,

    Do you use a hub for iPad syncing and updating? A powered USB hub can accommodate as many iPads as there are inputs on the hub. This will help to cut down on the amount of time it takes to sync and update.

    GarageBand is pretty intuitive. Trial and error will teach you a lot.
    http://thegaragedoor.com is also very helpful.

    I'm an MPLN member, that's how I found your blog. Please go to
    http://sounds-logical.blogspot.com and feel free to comment and/or follow.

    Thanks,
    Adam Goldberg

    ReplyDelete