- The kids grab them all the time. There is some minor game playing at wrong times, but that is generally by kids who need a bit of a kick anyway. The accessibility to the device is a huge shift.
- We love the mobility. Kids carry them all around the room, into the practice rooms, sit wherever they want, etc... I love that when a student is working on a tune they are constantly looking up youtube videos or google ideas.
- They hold the charge a long time. I'm plugging the cart in less than once per week.
- I need some support time to update apps and switch to the new iOS. It takes about 15-20 minutes to do each iPad. I was told I might have to wait until the summer. So I am always doing it myself.
- At this point it would be hard to run our program without them.
Friday, December 10, 2010
iPads in Music Class
A few things I am noticing with our iPads: