Real jazz, great essays. Must read.
Friday, February 25, 2011
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Here are some initiatives we have started this year on how they are doing. None of this was here at the beginning of the year.
1. iPads. They are totally integrated into our class at this point. But I feel I haven't even scratched the surface on what I should be doing. I need more support on syncing and updating. This takes so much time. That I dont have.
2. Smartmusic. We are using it pretty extensively at the HS. I wish I could use it more for choir. I had about 5 students get subscriptions ar elementary school. We definitely need to do more there.
3. Recording studio. Its in. I have been trying since December to get the piano moved out of the room. Budget got frozen so no money for furniture. I haven't even begun to figure this out.
4. MacBook. I use it all the time, but I havent even begun to figure out Garageband. I did a little work with iMovie. This is one place I would like to take a class.
5. Finale/Scanner/Forscore. I have hopes for putting our music on the iPad. I havent started yet. Scanner isnt even plugged in. Waiting for piano to be moved.
I need to have somebody come for a week, set everything up and help me organize.
Monday, February 14, 2011
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Here are some additional apps we have been using with the iPads:
Google Translate: Freaky cool. Does an amazing job. Will speak and write the translation.
Wolfram Alpha: Type in C# harmonc minor scale and the scale comes up. Great resource for just getting the facts. Let alone it is an amazing algebra/calculus engine.
VoiceJam: We haven't quite figured out how to use this, but it is a very cool loop generator. Watch the video.
iGuitarFree: pretty cool and good sounding app. Would like a quality guitar chord generator. Ideas?
Trio: allows three people to play on same iPad. Bass, piano, and drums.
#1 Thing we use on iPad: piano.
#2 Thing we use on iPad: youtube
#3 Thing we use on iPad: internet/musictheory.net
I have a compilation list on 2/14 entry. Check it out.