A few notes from the week:
1. I have gotten a lot of advice on the Music PLN. This will be very helpful, especially as we start loading applications.
2. I spoke with the Apple rep. There is only a $20 discount for schools if we buy 10 at a time. Not too impressed with that.
3. I head to WCSU on Wednesday to meet with them about our partnership and this grant.
4. I hope to get quotes finalized this week for a sound system, TV, and recording studio computer.
Thursday, July 29, 2010
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
I received a notice today that we received a grant from the Katherine Matthies Foundation. This grant will do the following:
- Outfit a music theory class with iPads and applications. These are new music students.
- Establish and promote a relationship with Western CT State University for mentoring, composition instruction, and other aspects.
I have no other equipment so we also use this grant to purchase sound and mixing equipment and display technology.
I am hoping to use the twitter and blogging world to collaborate with me. I have started a forum on the MPLN network. I hope to blog about the activity here. We will share video and we will tell you what works and what doesnt.
So, help me out:
1. Equipment? What do I need?
2. Data? What should I measure?
3. Apps? What works?